The difference between“job“,“worked“y“carrera“
“Employment“,“worked“y“carrera“they are easy to confuse because they are all related to making money and have a similar meaning. However, they are not true synonyms (ie they do not mean exactly the same thing).
Collection of articles discussing the Difference Between similar terms and things, categories range from Nature to Technology.
- One“worked“it is a regular and official activity where you receive money.
- “Worked“is a place of employment or general efforts and activities undertaken to achieve a goal.
- “To work“means engaging in physical or mental activity to achieve a result. It also means working properly.
- One“carrera“it is the total progression of a professional life.
Many learners of English confuse the words“worked“,“worked“y“carrera“. All three words are common, so it’s worth learning their precise meanings.
The noun“worked“it is a regular and official activity where you receive money (a salary). Job is a countable noun.
Example sentences with“worked“:
- Being a truck driver is a tough job. ✔️
- If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. (Firefighter Red Adair) ✔️
- Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job. (Astronaut Jim Lovell) ✔️
Como verbo,“to work“Has two meanings. Work means engaging in physical or mental activity to achieve a result. It also means function.
Example sentences with“work“:
- I don’t think you work hard enough. ✔️
- My phone doesn’t work since it got wet. ✔️
“Worked“It is commonly seen with the following collocations:
- Work for
- Do you work for your sister? ✔️
- Work at
- I work at the law firm. ✔️
- Work with
- I work with two scientists. ✔️
- Work on
- I need to work on my project today. ✔️
El sustantivo“worked“refers to the general efforts and activities undertaken to achieve an objective. Work is more general than work. It is an uncountable noun.
- I can’t access Facebook when I’m at work. ✔️
- Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. (Physicist Stephen Hawking) ✔️
El sustantivo“carrera“denotes the total progression of a professional life. It can include many different jobs over the years.
Example sentences with“carrera“:
- He has just started out on a career as a photographer. ✔️