The difference between“flash of lightning“y“flash of lightning“
“Flash of lightning“y“Flash of lightning“they are easy to confuse because they sound very similar (ie they are almost homonyms). However, their meanings are quite different.
- Lightening.“Clarify“it means making something lighter (in color/color or weight). For example:
- I’m lightening the bathroom with the leftover white paint.
- Lightning.“Flash of lightning“it is the flash of light followed by thunder during a storm. For example:
- Did you see that fork of lightning?
More about Lightening and Lightning
Writers often get confused between“flash of lightning“y“flash of lightning“due to their similar sounds and spellings.
The word“flash of lightning“comes from the verb“to lighten“. It means to make something paler in color() / color() or reduce something in weight.
Example sentences with“lightning“:
- I had to throw away my dress after my failed attempt at lightening it. ✔️
- Lightening the sacks will help us move the corn more quickly. ✔️
También verá que“lighten up“is used figuratively. For example:
- Making jokes is my brother’s way of lightening the mood. ✔️
(Note:“Lightening“is the present participle of the verb“to lighten.“)
The noun“flash of lightning“is often seen in the term“thunder and lightning“. In other words,“flash of lightning“denotes a flash of light caused by the discharge of electricity in the atmosphere.
Example sentences with“flash of lightning“:
- Thunder is good. Thunder is impressive, but it is lightning that does the work. (Writer Mark Twain) ✔️
- Electricity is really just organized lightning. (Comedian George Carlin) ✔️
Collection of articles discussing the Difference Between similar terms and things, categories range from Nature to Technology.